We’re excited to finally announce our schedule of performers at the 97 Street Night Market on August 23, 2014! We’ve gathered a great mix of talent from the community for an evening that honours traditional cultural arts and embraces more modern sensibilities. Performances take place every half an hour.
- 6:15pm – a lion dance performed by the Shang De Martial Arts will kick things off with a bang!
- 6:45pm – have you ever wanted to try tai chi but didn’t know where to go? The Red Dragon Tai Chi Club will not only demonstrate basic tai chi and explain its benefits, but also lead those interested in a brief lesson.
- 7:15pm – twelve year old Vivian Tao has mastered the guzheng (the Chinese plucked zither). Come be amazed!
- 7:45pm – the Sung Lee Taekwondo Demo Team will show us their equivalent of Street Fighter moves. Stay back – you’ve been warned!
- 8:15pm – Rise to Beat, or R2B, was brought together in 2012 by a love of music and dance. Their style of dancing varies mainly between hip-hop and K-Pop. They’re sure to get the energy up!
A taste of R2B
- 8:45pm – the Sung Lee Taekwondo Demo Team will be back for an encore performance!
- 9:15pm – Convergence Dance Crew is a K-Pop dance group made up of mostly non-Korean performers. Back after their popular appearance at last year’s night market, will close out the stage with a light-infused performance that will raise the bar.
See you there!